Re: BCM63xx merge progress

Subject: Re: BCM63xx merge progress
From: Hector Martin <>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 03:45:59 +0100
Cc: Florian Fainelli <>,,
Maxime Bizon wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 01:25 +0100, Hector Martin wrote:
>> Well, there's a commit (4059ddb4) that claims to "Add USB OHCI support",
>> yet it only adds a #include to ohci-hcd.c and a few .h bits. The actual
>> ohci-bcm63xx.c is missing, which means the OHCI driver probably won't
>> even compile. It's also missing the relevant platform device stuff in
> I cannot find this commit in linus' tree nor linux-mips master, where
> does it come from ?

Okay, nevermind, that was a screwup by me. At some point one of my
OpenWRT patch test commits made its way onto the wrong local branch, and
I didn't notice where it lived. Oops. (This commit was meant to be
incomplete, it comes straight from the OpenWRT patch). I think I found
the mips-bcm63xx (proper) patch, tried to search for it on my local
repo, and this thing popped up and I didn't look at it closely enough.
This is what I get for trying to work at 4am.

I take back the 'broken' then, we're just left with 'incomplete'. Makes
quite a bit more sense now, sorry for the confusion.

> The remaining two patches that were not merged in 2.6.32 are on top of
> this tree:
> They should apply with little difficulty on current upstream kernel and
> besides the *_be stuffs that need to be cleaned up, they were ACKed by
> the usb maintainer.

Cool, I'll see about applying them and working off of that. Thanks for
the confirmation.

FWIW, I'm trying to reverse engineer Broadcom's DSL driver, which I hope
will be useful so we can finally have a properly working OpenWRT
firmware for DSL routers based on this firmware.

Hector Martin (
Public Key: