Re: Can you add a signature to the kernel ELF image?

To: Adam Nielsen <a.nielsen@shikadi.net>
Subject: Re: Can you add a signature to the kernel ELF image?
From: David Daney <ddaney@caviumnetworks.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 15:39:26 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Adam Nielsen wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to port the kernel to an NCD HMX X-Terminal (MIPS R4600), but the one thing I have to do before I can actually boot the image is attach a signature to it. I have the signature 'code' in assembly[1], but I'm not sure how to link it so that it ends up as the first bit of code in the ELF image (the very first instruction is a 'b' to jump over the actual signature text.)

Without this the boot monitor will refuse to boot the kernel. Any suggestions as to how I might accomplish this?

Edit the linker script (arch/mips/kernel/vmlinux.lds.S)

David Daney