Re: COMMAND_LINE_SIZE and CONFIG_FRAME_WARN

To: dmitri.vorobiev@gmail.com
Subject: Re: COMMAND_LINE_SIZE and CONFIG_FRAME_WARN
From: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 02:19:14 +0900 (JST)
Cc: macro@linux-mips.org, ddaney@caviumnetworks.com, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 20:17:06 +0200, Dmitri Vorobiev <dmitri.vorobiev@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I believe that Atsushi-san was talking about the MIPS code only.
> Indeed, he mentioned CL_SIZE, which used to be a MIPS-specific alias
> to COMMAND_LINE_SIZE.

Yes, and I think static array is safest option now.

MIPS might be able to use large stack on early bootstrap stage, but
this assumption looks slightly fragile for me.

And excessive zero-initialized __initdata size will not be a problem
especially if vmlinux is compressed.

Thank you everyone, I will post a patch soon.

---
Atsushi Nemoto