Re: serial port 8250 messed up after coverting from little endian to big

To: "Sergei Shtylyov" <>, "Shmulik Ladkani" <>
Subject: Re: serial port 8250 messed up after coverting from little endian to big endian on kernel 2.6.31
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:36:15 -0500
Cc: "Florian Fainelli" <>,, "linux-mips" <>,
Sergei, Shmulik,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I was using UPIO_MEM since I was not
aware of the difference between UPIO_MEM and UPIO_MEM32.

I just tried UPIO_MEM32 without adding a offset of 3. But the result is
bad - after the kernel initializes the serial console, the console print
out messes up. The early printk is fine because the u-boot initialises
the serial port fine.

How I tried UPIO_MEM32 is in platform.c changing the iotype to
UPIO_MEM32 in the uart_port structure and passing the structure to
early_serial_setup. What I did is  the same as in

In 8250.c I removed the offset I added to mem_serial_out and
Did I miss anything? Thanks again for your help.