Re: serial port 8250 messed up after coverting from little endian to big

To: "Florian Fainelli" <>
Subject: Re: serial port 8250 messed up after coverting from little endian to big endian on kernel 2.6.31
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:40:13 -0500
Cc:, "linux-mips" <>
Thanks, Florian. I found the cause of the problem. My board is 32 bit
based, so each serial port register is 32bit even only 8 bit is used. So
when the board is switched endianess, I need to change the address
offset to access the same registers.
For example, original RHR register address is 0x8001000 with little
endian mode. With big endian, I need to access it as 0x8001003.