RE: Strange bad accesses in compat_exit_robust_list (2.6.26, n32 ABI).

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: RE: Strange bad accesses in compat_exit_robust_list (2.6.26, n32 ABI).
From: "Kaz Kylheku" <KKylheku@zeugmasystems.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 16:11:30 -0700
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We made a strange discovery some time ago. After adding some tracing
> printk's to the compat_exit_robust_list function for all the cases
> where fetching the
> robust entry fails, we discovered that, from time to time,
> it's being reported
> for processes that don't even use threads.

Hmm. Maybe a syscall is being misrouted? Perhaps user space is calling
some function that ends up routed to the compat_set_robust_list
entry in the syscall table, causing a junk value to be installed
as the robust list. Hmm. But robust mutexes work on our platform;
so glibc does reach the right syscalls when they are intended.