Re: Broadcom Swarm support

To: Aurelien Jarno <>
Subject: Re: Broadcom Swarm support
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 10:14:43 +0100
Cc: Kaz Kylheku <>,
On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 07:10:26AM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

> Yes, booting on the IDE controller.

Chances are it's a bug in the PIO IDE driver or it's interaction with
update_mmu_cache().  If I'm right you should not see the issue if you
boot of another block device with DMA like a PCI PATA/SATA card.

Which generally is a sane thing to do - the onboard controller is a
quick hack to demonstrate the capabilities of the BCM1250's GPIO features;
in practical terms it totally sucks but I SATA card solves that.  If
you do that, get a 64-bit card.  32-bit DMA PCI cards have other issues
in Sibyte systems.