Re: smtc support

To: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@paralogos.com>
Subject: Re: smtc support
From: Anoop P A <an4linu@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 02:58:11 +0530
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=JiEqwo1LAB+vaywj527K87t8zoF7nbJdRWREL/Tdzoc=; b=nZ8Vkn/M2N6W78gaOshjqgDupTmKnWLEsQN4Q7r10FakhVsHvo4ns18nW26UWkvmCo 00rsQ7DBwfdN8PcrUHKpk8fEYCxRbrBkfkUHS2EiXo59yM+XrWzXQyjnzJHzcHQzQirB UhORJ9S2AGMyt9gtJXaF5Yt0u8uvD8X7sL8AI=
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Thanks for your inputs.

My platforms support is not available in lmo kernel.( So I am free to use any version of kernel :) )

Since you are the guy who wrote SMTC stuff , I think you are the right person to answer few of my queries. How much performance improvement you are getting in SMTC mode. Will it give us any reasonable performance improvements.( As I could see some other negaive comments . just curious!). Does it make sence to use SMP ( my SOC is having 2 VPE each with couple of threads).

Thanks
An