Re: [loongson-support 00/27] linux PATCHes of loongson-based machines

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: [loongson-support 00/27] linux PATCHes of loongson-based machines
From: Daniel Clark <dclark@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 10:37:14 -0400
Cc: gnewsense-dev@nongnu.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Wu Zhangjin wrote:
>> BTW for me, this is interesting in the context of
>> http://config.fsf.org/trac/public/wiki/RmsLinuxForYou , which I have
>> several people helping me test at the moment - currently the biggest
>> issue is hard crashes every day or other day, or more frequently if
>> there is a lot of disk or usb I/O.
>>

> perhaps Yan hua<yanh@lemote.com> can give some help on this problem.
>
> did you compile the kernel with -mfix-ls2f-kernel option? if not, please
> use it. it may give some help on reducing the hard crashes.

I am compiling with:

cflags-$(CONFIG_MACH_LM2F) += -Wa,-mfix-ls2f-kernel -Wa,--no-warn
(in arch/mips/Makefile)

I think that was at yanh's suggestion; it was from someone at lemote.

I am compiling on a gnewsense-mipsel-l distribution, with the addition
of the lemote binutils from dev.lemote.com, currently at:

binutils_2.18.1~cvs20080103-7.loongson.r03_mipsel.deb

The source and binary debs for that I also have up at:
http://config.fsf.org/packages/dists/gnewsense-mipsel-l/lemote-dev-binutils/

I am planning on compiling a 2.6.29.3-based linux (eg the tip of the git
tree you pointed at) for rms, since it seems like it includes the
suspend-resume support we want to test, and is what hackers are
currently working on. If there is a specific git tag you think it would
be good to test, please name it :-)

I will post to gnewsense-dev@nongnu.org when that's ready and confirmed
to boot and not crash really quickly (and stop posting to this really
long set of lists / people ...)

--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny