Re: Bigsur?

To: jfraser@broadcom.com
Subject: Re: Bigsur?
From: David Daney <ddaney@caviumnetworks.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 09:31:46 -0700
Cc: Andrew Wiley <debio264@gmail.com>, "linux-mips@linux-mips.org" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Jon Fraser wrote:
[...]
Are people just looking for eval type boards with MIPS cpus?

I think the answer to that is: Yes.

There are not really any commercially available MIPS based devices that can be used as a general purpose server/workstation. Some people are working on old SGI Octanes, but there is really nothing available for currently produced processors.

David Daney

Jon Fraser
(Not offical statments for Broadcom)