Re: Bigsur?

Subject: Re: Bigsur?
From: David Daney <>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 09:31:46 -0700
Cc: Andrew Wiley <>, "" <>
Jon Fraser wrote:
Are people just looking for eval type boards with MIPS cpus?

I think the answer to that is: Yes.

There are not really any commercially available MIPS based devices that can be used as a general purpose server/workstation. Some people are working on old SGI Octanes, but there is really nothing available for currently produced processors.

David Daney

Jon Fraser
(Not offical statments for Broadcom)