Re: [GIT repo] loongson: Merge and Clean up fuloong(2e), fuloong(2f) and

To: wuzhangjin@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [GIT repo] loongson: Merge and Clean up fuloong(2e), fuloong(2f) and yeeloong(2f) support
From: Arnaud Patard <apatard@mandriva.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 10:25:22 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org, Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>, loongson-dev@googlegroups.com, zhangfx@lemote.com, yanh@lemote.com, Philippe Vachon <philippe@cowpig.ca>, Erwan Lerale <erwan@thiscow.com>, Zhang Le <r0bertz@gentoo.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Wu Zhangjin <wuzhangjin@gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

> Dear all,
>
> I have cleaned up the source code of loongson-based machines support and
> updated it to linux-2.6.29.3, the result is put to the following git
> repository:
>
>    git://dev.lemote.com/rt4ls.git linux-2.6.29-stable-loongson-to-ralf
>
> this job is based on the to-mips branch of Yanhua's
> git://dev.lemote.com/linux_loongson.git and the lm2e-fixes branch of
> Philippe's git://git.linux-cisco.org/linux-mips.git. thanks goes to
> them.

I'd like to look at your patches but getting a git url prevents me to do
this because replying/commenting is not possible. Can you please send
patches to the list instead ?

> I have tested it with gcc 4.3 on fuloong(2e), fuloong(2f), yeeloong(2f),
> both 32bit and 64bit kernel works well, if you want to try it with gcc
> 4.4, please use the patch from attachment.

I have some questions/comments :

- Why this patch is not merged in your patchset ?
- even if it should not affect the kernel, compiling with
  -march=loongson2f even for 2e (you're matching on loongson2 so 2e and
  2f) looks weird.
- you're using the -mfix-ls2f-kernel binutils flag but afaik upstream
  binutils doesn't know it. I really don't know how such a thing should
  be handled but it seems strange to use this flag before binutils has
  been patched for it. (the previous comment about -march=loongson2f
  applies here too)

> * the current source code architecture

fwiw, I like this new organisation. thanks.

> $ tree arch/mips/loongson/
> arch/mips/loongson/
> |-- Kconfig
> |-- Makefile
> |-- common
> |   |-- Makefile
> |   |-- bonito-irq.c
> |   |-- clock.c
> |   |-- cmdline.c
> |   |-- cs5536_vsm.c
> |   |-- early_printk.c
> |   |-- init.c
> |   |-- irq.c
> |   |-- mem.c
> |   |-- mfgpt.c
> |   |-- mipsdha.c

hm.. I thought that the mipsdha stuff was refused when submitting 2e
support. Can someone check ?

Arnaud