Re: [MIPS] Resolve compile issues with msp71xx configuration

To: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Subject: Re: [MIPS] Resolve compile issues with msp71xx configuration
From: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:20:05 +0200
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>, Shane McDonald <mcdonald.shane@gmail.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 03:22:33PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> He needs the definition of struct squashfs_super_block to access the
> .bytes_used
> field. Alternatively, the offset of that field must be hardcoded.

No, that whole crap needs to go.  FS code has no business poking into fs
internal structures.  BTW, this whole setup is really, really gross,
it's mtd map driver calling arch code to get base + size for mapping,
poking into fs internal structures.  I really wonder what people have
been smoking to come up with crap like that.

We should just leave it uncompilable as a sign for future generations
not to such stupid stuff.