Re: [loongson-dev] Re: a pre-release of merging loongson patchs to linux

To: loongson-dev@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [loongson-dev] Re: a pre-release of merging loongson patchs to linux-2.6.29.1
From: Erwan Lerale <erwan@thiscow.fr>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 21:49:53 +0200
Cc: yanh@lemote.com, zhangfx@lemote.com, penglj@lemote.com, huhb@lemote.com, taohl@lemote.com, linux-mips@linux-mips.org, Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
> a new branch for gcc 4.4 is created as linux-2.6.29-stable-loongson-gcc4.4,
> welcome to pull it.
>
> $ git clone git://dev.lemote.com/rt4ls.git
> $ git checkout -b linux-2.6.29-stable-loongson-gcc4.4 --track
> origin/linux-2.6.29-stable-loongson-gcc4.4
>
> if you have cloned it, just update it and then checkout the branch
>
> $ git pull
> $ git checkout -b linux-2.6.29-stable-loongson-gcc4.4 --track
> origin/linux-2.6.29-stable-loongson-gcc4.4

Hello,

The kernel is compiling fine now. I have been using it for a few hours.

I don't understand why some stuff are not included in
arch/mips/configs/yeeloong2f_defconfig,
for example the sound chip or the v4l stuff for the webcam.

I also had to :
- add INPUT_EDEV to get the mouse and the keyboard under X (1.6.99.1).
- compile external wifi modules from

http://www.lemote.com/upfiles/wifi/rtl8187B_linux_26.1049.1215.2008_release2.tar.gz

  to get proper Wifi performances (or I had to sit on the access point)
- get and compile the ec_module stuff from git
- had the PPP and bluetooth support for my 3G connection that's works
now with wvdial (thanks robert :))

The box is also complaining when it boots and try to set time :

xiwen ~ (n32) # hwclock  --debug
hwclock from util-linux-ng 2.14.2
hwclock: Open of /dev/rtc failed, errno=2: No such file or directory.
No usable clock interface found.
Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.

I have seen some patches related to system clock in the git tree but i
don't understand.

What has to be included in the config tree to get suspend/hibernate and
cpu_freq working  ?
It seems to be linked to the clocking nope ?

Cheers
Erwan