Re: Boot program interface

To: Carlos Mitidieri <cam@sysgo.com>
Subject: Re: Boot program interface
From: Florian Fainelli <florian@openwrt.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:57:02 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:sender:from:to:subject:date :user-agent:cc:references:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:message-id; bh=IywtukjQfrz3/QEePxOzU6hndG+XMhh0kdlnbDkJ8k8=; b=oHvdLfHWq8HguOJXl/JVs5H+qAAogSNvIFp/REJW1PsIV3O/AXM3PInhAnaIi6Gz9b MxpBOkPmPIBpmhe2Hc0Fh5TT7z9T0X32F8GuCAfGCJMfHnBRj9KNt7yJaxL3vJJN4WTY J8gQpTa7i6lzuXlJNIrioAJVXwDkKvscn3ZOA=
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi Carlos,

Le Monday 20 April 2009 09:37:25 Carlos Mitidieri, vous avez écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am working on a project that requires an extensive boot program
> interface.
>
> It turns out that the device tree used on PPC architecture meets the
> requirements.
>
> I have been looking, and I could not find any similar concept implemented
> for MIPS.

I do not know any MIPS board using a device tree either.

> So, I am now considering to port the OFDT library into the MIPS arch.
>
> What do you think about this? Is there anyone working on a similar project?

You should see how Sparc, PowerPC and Microblaze use it and how they do share
code. Also condiser seeing how u-boot handles device trees, specifically on
PowerPC and Microblaze.

Hope that helps.
--
Best regards, Florian Fainelli