Crazy idea: run linux on a mips-based photo frame

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Crazy idea: run linux on a mips-based photo frame
From: Adilson Oliveira <adilson@canonical.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 17:33:45 -0300
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Hi there.

I have a SPF-83V photo frame from Samsung and his software (WinCE 5)
sucks. I've being toying with the idea of running Linux on it and I
discovered this page[1] that shows a little bit about it's guts. I have
some experience with arm-based devices but never tried any mips-based
one but for what I can see, the hardware is pretty standard, the SoC is
an Alchemy AU-1200.
Has anyone here tried anything similar?

[]s and TIA

Adilson