VPE loader support on 34K

To: <>
Subject: VPE loader support on 34K
From: "Alan Wu" <>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 22:37:20 +0800

I'm porting 2.6.26 Linux on the platform of MIPS 34K. Currently, the
kernel model(1 VPE) and SMP model (2 VPE) are up and work perfectly.

Now, I need to port the AP/SP model on a normal Linux uniprocessor kernel
I'd like to load an application program (ELF ?) into kernel space where this
application will run on a Secondary VPE undisturbed by the Linux kernel.

After I enabled the MIPS_VPE_LOADER [=y] in .config , the kernel is up without
any error/warning message.

Please help :

1. How to load the application into VPE1 from VPE0 ? (cat XYZapp >/dev/vpe1 ?)
2. Is there any sample "Hello World" application for this ?
3. Any specific tool chain needed ?