plat_irq_dispatch

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: plat_irq_dispatch
From: Chris Rhodin <chris@notav8.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 00:33:09 -0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

I've been digging through the interrupt code trying to figure out what would be required to make it "generic irq" clean. I have a couple of questions that I haven't been able to answer myself.

1) I count 24 different versions of plat_irq_dispatch, many of them only seem to vary in the use and priority of the 8 sources in the cause register. Is this really the case or am I missing something subtle?

2) Why isn't plat_irq_dispatch looping until all active interrupts are serviced?

I already have what I believe is a generic plat_irq_dispatch that finds the highest priority irq in (almost) constant time. It needs one block of defines to identify the 8 sources and another block to set the priorities.

Thanks,

Chris Rhodin