Re: IP35 Origin 300/3000 support?

To: Laurent GUERBY <laurent@guerby.net>
Subject: Re: IP35 Origin 300/3000 support?
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:57:59 +0000
Cc: Linux MIPS List <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>, Debian MIPS <debian-mips@lists.debian.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 06:49:10PM +0100, Laurent GUERBY wrote:

> The wiki page:
>
> http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/IP35
>
> states "IP35 is not yet supported by Linux. A port initially targeting
> only the Origin 300 has been started".
>
> The last edit of the wiki was in 2007, does anyone know if it is now
> supported by Linux/Debian?

No; the page accurately reflects the status of kernel development where I
stopped.

> Would access to hardware help?

Only to a limited degree - the project has currently not yet reached the
stage where access to more hardware would really be useful.  But before
somebody dumps the hardware I can be convinced to give it a good home :-)
At some point having access to more configurations will be essential -
dealing with different configurations on Origin class hardware is very
complex.  My current hardware is a single module, Origin 300 with
4 R10000 CPUs.