Au1550 with kernel linux-2.6.28.1

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Au1550 with kernel linux-2.6.28.1
From: Frank Neuber <linux-mips@kernelport.de>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 20:40:00 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi List,
at the moment I run a 2.6.16.11 on this core. Because of some trouble
with the USB 2.0 EHCI controller (which is wired on the internal PCI
bus) I am thinking about running a more recent kernel.
It was easy to build linux-2.6.28.1 based on the db1550_defconfig using
the mips_4KCle-gcc (gcc version 4.0.0 (DENX ELDK 4.1 4.0.0)) toolchain.
But I see nothing on the serial console after starting the kernel. Some
time ago (10 month I think) I was testing the head of the git mips
kernel and the system was booting with some trouble on the pci bus but I
was able so see someting on the serial console.

A quick search on this list show me
http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2008-11/msg00099.html
the last activity on the alchemy chip.

I just want to ask who is working with the au1550 on a more recent
kernel than 2.6.16.11.
I'll start now with some early printk to solve booting problems and than
we will see .....

Kind regards,
 FN