Re: xorg-server-1.5.2 doesn't work because of missing sysfs pci resource

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: xorg-server-1.5.2 doesn't work because of missing sysfs pci resource files
From: Arnaud Patard <apatard@mandriva.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 20:01:57 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org> writes:

Hi,

> On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 07:17:13PM +0100, Arnaud Patard wrote:
>
>> What about things like _CACHE_UNCACHED_ACCELERATED ? Is there a way to
>> use this flag ?
>
> That's possible but will require some additional care in the code.
> Multiple mappings using different cache modes need to be avoided and
> also not all processors support _CACHE_UNCACHED_ACCELERATED.

well, for that, one can always define a Kconfig entry for that. It would
be usefull for using _CACHE_UNCACHED_ACCELERATED in fb_pgprotect in
asm/fb.h too.

> If you know your software is playing nice and your CPU supports
> _CACHE_UNCACHED_ACCELERATED, you can hack the mmap function to use
> _CACHE_UNCACHED_ACCELERATED if write_combine is set.  Just for now
> and for something which I'm planning to push for 2.6.28 I don't want
> anything that's more than trivial.

Ok, no problem. I'm only asking if it will be possible to use it. For
now, I don't have the pci_mmap_page_range requirement on my systems.

Thanks,
Arnaud