Re: xorg-server-1.5.2 doesn't work because of missing sysfs pci resource

To: Arnaud Patard <apatard@mandriva.com>
Subject: Re: xorg-server-1.5.2 doesn't work because of missing sysfs pci resource files
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 18:36:34 +0000
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 07:17:13PM +0100, Arnaud Patard wrote:

> What about things like _CACHE_UNCACHED_ACCELERATED ? Is there a way to
> use this flag ?

That's possible but will require some additional care in the code.
Multiple mappings using different cache modes need to be avoided and
also not all processors support _CACHE_UNCACHED_ACCELERATED.

If you know your software is playing nice and your CPU supports
_CACHE_UNCACHED_ACCELERATED, you can hack the mmap function to use
_CACHE_UNCACHED_ACCELERATED if write_combine is set.  Just for now
and for something which I'm planning to push for 2.6.28 I don't want
anything that's more than trivial.