xorg-server-1.5.2 doesn't work because of missing sysfs pci resource fil

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: xorg-server-1.5.2 doesn't work because of missing sysfs pci resource files
From: Zhang Le <r0bertz@gentoo.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 23:43:42 +0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi, all,

I have tried xorg-server-1.5.2 on loongson 2f recently.
But I found it doesn't work.
It's mainly because of this change:
http://www.x.org/wiki/PciReworkProposal

In short:
"Rather than duplicating the efforts of kernel developers, X.org needs to use
the
interfaces provided by the kernel as much as possible."

I have read some code of libpciaccess, the new library utilizing kernel function
to access pci bus. It will try to mmap this file:
/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:0x:xx.x/resource0
(replace x with any digit appropriate)
Note there is a 0 at the end of the file name. This file's permission is 600.

However, I found on my loongson system, there is only
/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:0x:xx.x/resource
Note there is no 0 at the end.

Then I tried to read kernel code. I found it seems that for mips linux to have
this file, HAVE_PCI_MMAP must be defined. However, it is currently not defined.

Since I am not familiar with PCI, yet.
So could someone please shed some light on this?
Why HAVE_PCI_MMAP is not defined?

Thanks in advance!

Zhang, Le