RE: Booting top-of-tree bcm47xx as nfs-root with cfe only (no sibyl)

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@linux-mips.org>
Subject: RE: Booting top-of-tree bcm47xx as nfs-root with cfe only (no sibyl)
From: "Mark E Mason" <mason@broadcom.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 15:21:08 -0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: LMO <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>, "mmason@upwardaccess.com" <mmason@upwardaccess.com>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello Maciej!

Do you mean something like this?

setenv LINUX_CMDLINE "root=/dev/nfs rw ip=dhcp
nfsroot=10.0.1.184:/home/mason/debian-root-el"
ifconfig eth1 -auto
boot -elf 10.0.1.184:vmlinux.47xx

[which ... Unfortunatetly doesn't work... :(]

What about CONIFG_ROOT_NFS? Some of the HOWTOs on the net mention it, and it's
still in some (most) of the default config files except for the bcm47xx (but I
added it to mine manually as I couldn't find it in the menuconfig). So it
shouldn't matter... Except that I'm paraniod... Is this a left over 2.4-ism?

I'm thinking this board, plus a USB disk and I should be able to build a
portable mips system that I can actually take with me to hack on... Unlike the
sibyte stuff which usually needs a handtruck to move...

Thanks!
Mark