Re: RBTX4927 with VxWorks boot loader crashes in prom_getenv()

To: Geert.Uytterhoeven@sonycom.com
Subject: Re: RBTX4927 with VxWorks boot loader crashes in prom_getenv()
From: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 23:35:38 +0900 (JST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 16:06:28 +0200 (CEST), Geert Uytterhoeven
<Geert.Uytterhoeven@sonycom.com> wrote:

> > > So your assumption that bootloaders other than YAMON pass NULL for
> > > fw_arg2 is
> > > apparently wrong.
> >
> > Indeed.  We should know what sort of value was passed by fw_arg2, and
> > I hope auto-detection.
> >
> > Do you know what value the boot loader passes via fw_arg2?  If fw_arg2
>
> Unfortunately not. I'll try to Google a bit for it...

BTW, it looks fw_arg0 is not 'argc'.  Fortunately current code just
ignores argv if argc was negative, but it is not intentional
behaviour, just a luck ;)

You can put a string starting with "-" in CONFIG_CMDLINE, so that
fw_arg0 is ignored regardless of its value.  Hmm... putting "noenv" or
something in CONFIG_CMDLINE (and check it in preprocess_cmdline()) can
be an another workaround for getenv problem...

---
Atsushi Nemoto