Re: mmap is broken for MIPS64 n32 and o32 abis

To: Dinar Temirbulatov <dtemirbulatov@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: mmap is broken for MIPS64 n32 and o32 abis
From: Sergei Shtylyov <sshtylyov@ru.mvista.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 14:14:53 +0400
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello.

Dinar Temirbulatov wrote:

I noticed that mmap is not working properly under n32, o32 abis in
MIPS64, for example if we want to map 0xb6000000 address to the
userland under those abis we call  mmap and because the last argument
in old_mmap is off_t and this type is 64-bits wide for MIPS64, we end
up having for example 0xffffffffb6000000 address value. I am sure that
this is not a glibc issue. Following patch adds 32-bit version of mmap
and also it adds mmap64 support for n32 abi since mmap64 was
implemented correctly for n32 too.
                                          thanks, Dinar.

Your patch (BTW, how come it didn't get quoted? -- ah, it's text/x-patch) is using both tabs and spaces for indentation. Please use tabs only.
And either attach patches as text/plain or include them inline.

WBR, Sergei