Same mipsel binary für 2.4 and 2.6 kernel possible?

To: "'linux-mips@linux-mips.org'" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Same mipsel binary für 2.4 and 2.6 kernel possible?
From: Klatt Uwe <U.Klatt@miwe.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 09:58:29 +0200
Accept-language: de-DE
Acceptlanguage: de-DE
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello,

I have a custom hardware (AU1100) with kernel 2.4 and an working binary using
floats (compiled with gcc 3.3.5).
Now I am testing with kernel 2.6.

When I use the old binary, float math isn't working anymore.
I have to recompile the source with new gcc 4.1.2 but then the new binary is
working only on kernel 2.6.

Can somebody give me some hints, how to chage settings for kernel 2.6 creation
or compiler settings to generate an universal binary.

Thanks
Uwe