Esteemed kernel hackers,
To follow is my forth pass at MIPS watch register support.
This version has been tested on:
* MIPS 4KEc (mips32) with a single set of watch registers watchhi not
reporting I, R, and W conditions.
* MIPS 4KEc (mips32r2) with four sets of watch registers.
* R5000 SGI O2 (mips4 64bit) with no watch register support.
The patches are against 2.6.27-rc6
To use the patch you will need a suitably patched version of gdb. The
patch against the HEAD of gdb's cvs can be found here:
The previous version of this patch is here:
The main changes from the previous version are as follows...
* The characteristics of each watch register set are communicated via
ptrace because according to the mips32 reference, each set can have
different masks and I, R, W bit support. Previously only the
characteristics of the first set were returned.
* The alignment of the structures passed via ptrace are explicitly
specified as various versions of gcc align 64-bit objects
Six patches to follow.