Help on MTD Partitions.

To: "linux-mips@linux-mips.org" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Help on MTD Partitions.
From: "Ramgopal Kota" <rkota@broadcom.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 07:31:21 -0700
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

I am facing a problem with MTD partitions with linux 2.6.
I have a Spansion Flash of 8MB. where the number of erase regions are 2 ,

1st erase region has 127 64KB sectors
2nd erase region has 8 8KB sectors.   ( This is at the end of the flash)

I want to create 4 partitions.
NAME  --  SIZE
BOOT  --  128KB.
OS      --  2MB
JFFS    --  (8MB - 8KB)
DUMP   --  8KB

Kernel prints a error message that "JFFS Partition is read-only".
Can a partition span across 2 various erase regions ?
(I see that there is a check for the same in the mtdpart.c while adding a partition.)

Is there any work-around using MTDPART_OFS_APPEND & MTDPART_OFS_NXTBLK flags ??
Any help is highly appreciable ??

Ramgopal Kota