Re: [Patch 0/6] MIPS: Hardware watch register support for gdb (version 3

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: [Patch 0/6] MIPS: Hardware watch register support for gdb (version 3).
From: David Daney <ddaney@avtrex.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 01:37:05 -0700
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
David Daney wrote:
> Esteemed kernel hackers,
>
> To follow is my third pass at MIPS watch register support.

I think there will have to be at least one more pass at this.

The current design assumes that all debug registers support an identical
set of the I, R, and W bits and Mask.

However sections 8.23 and 8.24 of my

  MIPS32® Architecture For Programmers
Volume III: The MIPS32® Privileged Resource Architecture

indicate that they do not have to uniform.  I will have to augment the
ptrace structures to report the values for each register instead of a
single global value.

David Daney