[Patch 0/6] MIPS: Hardware watch register support for gdb (version 3).

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: [Patch 0/6] MIPS: Hardware watch register support for gdb (version 3).
From: David Daney <ddaney@avtrex.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:38:37 -0700
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Esteemed kernel hackers,

To follow is my third pass at MIPS watch register support.

This version has been tested on:

* MIPS 4KEc (mips32) with a single set of watch registers watchhi not
  reporting I, R, and W conditions.

* MIPS 4KEc (mips32r2) with four sets of watch registers.

* R5000 SGI O2 (mips4 64bit) with no watch register support.

The patches are against 2.6.27-rc4

Changes from the previous version:

* Agreement from gdb maintainers that the ptrace interface is
  workable.

* Work around for watchhi registers that do not report the I, R, and W
  condition bits.

* General cleanup, including making much less code conditionally
  compiled.

To really test the patch you will need a patched gdb.  My current gdb
patch is here:

http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2008-08/msg00650.html

If you have any comments or questions please let me know.

David Daney