Esteemed kernel hackers,
To follow is my third pass at MIPS watch register support.
This version has been tested on:
* MIPS 4KEc (mips32) with a single set of watch registers watchhi not
reporting I, R, and W conditions.
* MIPS 4KEc (mips32r2) with four sets of watch registers.
* R5000 SGI O2 (mips4 64bit) with no watch register support.
The patches are against 2.6.27-rc4
Changes from the previous version:
* Agreement from gdb maintainers that the ptrace interface is
* Work around for watchhi registers that do not report the I, R, and W
* General cleanup, including making much less code conditionally
To really test the patch you will need a patched gdb. My current gdb
patch is here:
If you have any comments or questions please let me know.