RE: [MIPS] msp71xx: resolve compilation problem in msp_setup.c

To: "Ralf Baechle" <>, <>
Subject: RE: [MIPS] msp71xx: resolve compilation problem in msp_setup.c
From: "Patrick Glass" <>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:11:13 -0700
>> From: Shane McDonald <>
>> Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:51:48 -0600
>> To:,
>> Subject: [MIPS] msp71xx: resolve compilation problem in msp_setup.c
>> The msp71xx_defconfig has never compiled in a kernel release.  This
>> because the file msp_setup.c relies on some definitions from the
>> PMCMSP GPIO driver, which has not yet been accepted into the kernel.
>> This patch checks for the existence of the PMCMSP GPIO driver; if it
>> doesn't exist, no GPIO functions are referenced.
>> This patch will continue to work after the GPIO driver has been
>> accepted, so no changes will be necessary when that happens.
>Has the driver actually been submitted?  In its current form I doubt
it'll be accepted since
>there is now a generic GPIO framework so there should be no more new
drivers/char/ GPIO
>  Ralf

I have attempted to submit a new patch for msp71xx which enables gpio
access through the new gpio framework. Hopefully it should propogate
throught the list soon... if I have not messed up (It's my first patch
for linux-mips). Also we have a newer msp_setup that removes the gpio
calls altogether. I will cleanup our msp_setup.c file and create a new
patch that can replace this patch if that's ok with you.

Patrick Glass