Re: sparsemem support for mips with highmem

To: Dave Hansen <dave@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: sparsemem support for mips with highmem
From: C Michael Sundius <Michael.sundius@sciatl.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:16:28 -0700
Cc: linux-mm@kvack.org, linux-mips@linux-mips.org, jfraser@broadcom.com, Andy Whitcroft <apw@shadowen.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

+               if (boot_mem_map.map[i].type != BOOT_MEM_RAM)
+                       continue;
+
+               start = PFN_UP(boot_mem_map.map[i].addr);
+               end   = PFN_DOWN(boot_mem_map.map[i].addr
+                                   + boot_mem_map.map[i].size);
+
+               memory_present(0, start, end);
+       }
 }

Is that aligning really necessary?  I'm just curious because if it is,
it would probably be good to stick it inside memory_present().

yaknow, there are several loops in this file that look through this boot_mem_ map structure. they all have the same basic form (but of course are slightly different). Anyhow, I just cut and pasted. I'm wondering if the MIPS folks have comment on how best to make this change and possibly clean up this file. I'm happy to do it, but think I'd like some
guidance on this... anyone?

I'll fix and resubmit. sorry for posting this to the two lists, but I wasn't sure if I should put it on the linux-mm list or the linux-mips list... I'll keep the distribution unless I
her complaints.

mike