sparsemem support for mips with highmem

To:,,, Andy Whitcroft <>, Dave Hansen <>
Subject: sparsemem support for mips with highmem
From: C Michael Sundius <>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 15:05:45 -0700

I just got sparsemem working on our MIPS 32 platform. I'm not sure if anyone has done that before since there seems to be a couple of problems in the arch specific code.

Well I realize that it is blazingly simple to turn on sparsemem, but for the idiots (like myself) out there I created a howto file to put in the Documentation directory just because I thought it would be a good idea to have some official info on it written down somewhere.

it saved me a ton of space by the way.  it seems to work great.