Re: "indy_volume_button" [sound/oss/hal2.ko] undefined

To: Martin Michlmayr <>
Subject: Re: "indy_volume_button" [sound/oss/hal2.ko] undefined
From: (Thomas Bogendoerfer)
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 08:37:51 +0200
On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 08:41:53AM +0300, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> Well, it got broken by your ALSA related changes.

I consider it semantically broken before I even touched it.

> Anyway, I'm all for removing it, but it should happen before 2.6.27 is
> out so there's no regression.

I'll send a remove path later. The second option would be to just
remove the indy_volume_button code from the OSS driver.

Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                                [ RFC1925, 2.3 ]