Re: Cavium support

To: Fahim Ansari <>
Subject: Re: Cavium support
From: James Perkins <>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 17:23:43 -0700
Fahim Ansari wrote:
I want to build a kernel that will boot on a cavium octeon board. Is the cavium octeon cpuset supported for the linux kernels available at
Or is such a kernel available at any other git repository?

I'm not aware of any public git repositories tracking OCTEON at present. The current project has no support for Cavium Networks OCTEON. There are commercial ports available: Cavium's SDK, and in embedded Linux distributions from Wind River and Montavista. You may want to try contacting Cavium at their website.

James Perkins