Re: [2.6 patch] asm/ptrace.h userspace headers cleanup

To: Adrian Bunk <bunk@kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [2.6 patch] asm/ptrace.h userspace headers cleanup
From: Paul Mundt <lethal@linux-sh.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 13:08:44 +0900
Cc: Roland McGrath <roland@redhat.com>, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, rmk@arm.linux.org.uk, cooloney@kernel.org, dev-etrax@axis.com, dhowells@redhat.com, gerg@uclinux.org, yasutake.koichi@jp.panasonic.com, linux-parisc@vger.kernel.org, paulus@samba.org, linuxppc-dev@ozlabs.org, linux-sh@vger.kernel.org, chris@zankel.net, linux-mips@linux-mips.org, ysato@users.sourceforge.jp, Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Mail-followup-to: Paul Mundt <lethal@linux-sh.org>, Adrian Bunk <bunk@kernel.org>, Roland McGrath <roland@redhat.com>, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, rmk@arm.linux.org.uk, cooloney@kernel.org, dev-etrax@axis.com, dhowells@redhat.com, gerg@uclinux.org, yasutake.koichi@jp.panasonic.com, linux-parisc@vger.kernel.org, paulus@samba.org, linuxppc-dev@ozlabs.org, linux-sh@vger.kernel.org, chris@zankel.net, linux-mips@linux-mips.org, ysato@users.sourceforge.jp, Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 08:48:09PM +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> This patch contains the following cleanups for the asm/ptrace.h
> userspace headers:
> - include/asm-generic/Kbuild.asm already lists ptrace.h, remove
>   the superfluous listings in the Kbuild files of the following
>   architectures:
>   - cris
>   - frv
>   - powerpc
>   - x86
> - don't expose function prototypes and macros to userspace:
>   - arm
>   - blackfin
>   - cris
>   - mn10300
>   - parisc
> - remove #ifdef CONFIG_'s around #define's:
>   - blackfin
>   - m68knommu
> - sh: AFAIK __SH5__ should work in both kernel and userspace,
>       no need to leak CONFIG_SUPERH64 to userspace

Yes, that's fine. We've generally avoided relying entirely on the gcc
builtin definitions due to the rampant stupidity surrounding
__SH4_NOFPU__, but it is true that __SH5__ is always defined at least.

Acked-by: Paul Mundt <lethal@linux-sh.org>