Re: [2.6 patch] malta_mtd.c: add MODULE_LICENSE

To: Ralf Baechle <>
Subject: Re: [2.6 patch] malta_mtd.c: add MODULE_LICENSE
From: Dmitri Vorobiev <>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 11:52:38 +0300
Cc: Adrian Bunk <>,
Ralf Baechle wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 05:34:58PM +0300, Dmitri Vorobiev wrote:
>> Every time I come across this file I wonder whether this needs to be
>> modularized at all. Isn't you chainsaw itching for this as well? :)
> The reason why it was implemented as a module was that due to a MTD
> "feature" the code wouldn't compile in 2.6.20 and earlier.  So yes, I
> chainsawed it into the right shape, patch is on the way to Linus.

Looks like Linus has applied the patch.

I think that module_init() needs to be replaced by device_initcall() in
malta_mtd.c. Not that it would make any difference at all, but just some
nitpicking - I simply get a bit nervous and irritated when looking at
the `module' word in the core kernel code. :)

Patch attached.