kernel 2.4.16 patch for cmd64x ide controler driver on kernel 2.35.3

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: kernel 2.4.16 patch for cmd64x ide controler driver on kernel 2.35.3
From: christopher <christophertaeufert@web.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 21:12:39 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello

at first excuse my bad english but i gave my best.

I have a claxan nas110 mit a toshiba mispel cpu. On this nas i'm running
an alternate firmware called OpenMCT these firmware uses in its actual
realeas kernel 2.4.35.3.  The original Firmware of the nas use Kernel
2.4.16  with some patches form claxan.
In the nas i would like to use an sata hdd with an satat ide adapter.
With the Original firmware the adapter works, but with the OpenMCT
Firmware it doesn#T work correctly. So i made a patch fpr the cmd649 ide
controler out of claxans 2.4.16 source and the original 2.4.16 source
form the file cmd64x.c  but when i try to applie the patch on 2.4.35.3
the are only 4 of 20 hunks that succeeded. with these 4 succeeded hunks
the adpater will recognized during boot of the nas  but i think when 16
hunks fail  something must be wrong. the problem is that my knowlegd
about programming the kernel is very little to nothing. so i'm looking
for help to make the patch work correctly with the kernel 2.4.35.3 and
hope some of you can help my to make the patch work.  i attached the
patch to this mail

thanks
christopher täufert