Re: email does not get through to linux-mips.org

To: Dmitri Vorobiev <dmitri.vorobiev@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: email does not get through to linux-mips.org
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 09:26:52 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 09:45:08AM +0300, Dmitri Vorobiev wrote:

> When I send mail to linux-mips at linux-mips dot org from one of my
> mail accounts (located in the domain movial dot fi), my emails
> apparently do not get through. I do not see the messages in the Web
> archive, neither do I receive these messages in my Gmail account,
> which is also subscribed to the linux-mips mailing list.
>
> I tried sending messages using both Thunderbird and Git. Messages did
> not arrive in both cases.
>
> Will you please check what's going on? I suspect that other users of
> the mailing list could experience similar problems, and that is why
> I'm Cc:ing the mailing list itself now.

Unfortunately I'm aware of the problem.  Since a few days a packet raping
machine otherwise known as Cisco PIX is molesting conectivity of
linux-mips.org resuling in SMTP sessions with some hosts to fail.  To
keep the show running I installed a temporary workaround.

The email which you forwarded me in private got lost in the spam filter
as a side effect of an attempted workaround for above problem, so I'm
now going to engineer something better.