Still More MIPS 34K APRP Patches

To: Linux MIPS Org <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Still More MIPS 34K APRP Patches
From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 00:42:37 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
This message will be followed by a couple more patches
to the APRP support for the 34K.  The first fixes a few
bugs (minor memory leak, some ELF loader failure cases)
and reorganizes functions so as to allow for more than
just the RTLX service for run-time support. This assumes
that the 0001-Rewrite-of-APRP-VPE-ELF-Loader.patch patch
that I sent out on May 3 has already been applied.

The second patch adds a new driver to drivers/net,
along with some platform support in
arch/mips/mips-boards/generic.  I call this a M3P
(pronounced "mehp") driver, for MIPS Memeory Message
Passing.  It creates a ethernet-compatible networking
interface between Linux and the RP.  With a little more
work, it could also be used for message passing between
Linux and other OSes in a software-heterogeneous SMP
environment.  Dropping it into drivers/net will make
it harder to propagate, but the more narrowly specialized
mipsnet driver is already there, and in principle the
driver module could have the remaining MIPSisms filed
off and become useful in heterogeneous multiprocessors.

        Regards,

        Kevin K.