Problem with MIPS cross toolchain

To: <>
Subject: Problem with MIPS cross toolchain
From: "Anoop P.A." <>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 06:57:45 -0700
Cc: <>
currently I am using binutils 2.15.97 . I though of upgrade binutils
2.18 version( assembler 2.15.97 doesn't have support for mip34k specific
instructions used for SMTC) .Binutils package is compiling without any
problem and I am able to compile my BSP. But while booting I am unable
to detect my embedded rootfs. If I do NFS mount it is booting properly

( I am using .incbin directive  to add my rootfile system and I am
suspecting problem with incbin directive comes from binutils 2.18 . I am
able use same code properly with 2.15.97 toolchain. anybody else faced
this issue?).
One thing I am observing that vmlinux(ELF) built with 2.15.97 contains
39 section while vmlinux built using 2.18 contains 28 sections only.

I am using GCC 3.4.5 and uClibc.
Somebody please help me