MIPS toolchain : should I choose shared library option for Alchemy DB120

To: "linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org" <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>, "kernel-testers" <kernel-testers@vger.kernel.org>, "linux-mips@linux-mips.org" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: MIPS toolchain : should I choose shared library option for Alchemy DB1200
From: abhiruchi.g@vaultinfo.com
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 09:14:24 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
hi,
   To build cross toolchain for MIPS, should I choose shared library option. My
kernel hangs after :

Warning: unable to open an initial console.
/sbin/init

The function is in init/main.c.

static int noinline init_post(void)
{
        ..
        ..
        ..

        if (sys_open((const char __user *) "/dev/console", O_RDWR, 0) < 0)
                printk(KERN_WARNING "Warning: unable to open an initial console.
\n");

        (void) sys_dup(0);
        (void) sys_dup(0);

        if (ramdisk_execute_command) {
                run_init_process(ramdisk_execute_command);
                printk(KERN_WARNING "Failed to execute %s\n",
                                ramdisk_execute_command);
        }

        ..
        ..
        printk(KERN_WARNING "-- ag. sbin init\n");
        run_init_process("/sbin/init");
        printk(KERN_WARNING "-- ag. etc init\n");
        run_init_process("/etc/init");
        printk(KERN_WARNING "-- ag. bin init\n");
        run_init_process("/bin/init");
        printk(KERN_WARNING "-- ag. bin sh\n");
        run_init_process("/bin/sh");

        panic("No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.");

 }