Problem with binutils

To: <>
Subject: Problem with binutils
From: "Anoop P.A." <>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 11:26:09 -0700
Cc: <>
currently I am using binutils 2.15.97 . I though of upgrade binutils 2.18
version( assembler 2.15.97 doesn't have support for mip34k specific
instructions used for SMTC) .package is compiling properly and I am able to
compile my BSP. But while booting I am unable to detect my embedded rootfs. If
you do NFS mount it is booting properly
( I am using .incbin directive  to add my rootfile system and I am suspecting
problem with incbin directive comes from 2.18 . I am able use same code
properly with 2.15.97 toolchain. anybody else faced this issue?).
One thing I am observing that vmlinux(ELF) built with 2.15.97 contains 39
section while vmlinux built using 2.18 contains 28 sections only.
I am using GCC 3.4.5 and uClibc.
Somebody please help me