Re: ext4dev build failure on mips: "empty_zero_page" undefined

To: Stephen Rothwell <>
Subject: Re: ext4dev build failure on mips: "empty_zero_page" undefined
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 05:23:11 +0100
Cc: Dmitri Vorobiev <>, Theodore Tso <>, Martin Michlmayr <>,,
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:42:44AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Also, the only compiler version that crosstool seems to know about for
> mips is 3.4.5.  Is this version ok for building mips kernels?

Minimum is 3.2 for building a 32-bit kernel and 3.3 for a 64-bit kernel
but I really wouldn't recommend anything older than 3.4.

There are crosscompiler rpms on in
/pub/linux/mips/crossdev for various host / target combinations.  They
come without libraries so just good enough for building kernels - but that's
the only purpose I build them for.  Also I don't have access to a powerpc
box so no power rpms.