linux-mips
[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [PATCH] Pb1200/DBAu1200: move platform code to its proper place (tak

To: Sergei Shtylyov <sshtylyov@ru.mvista.com>
Subject: Re: [PATCH] Pb1200/DBAu1200: move platform code to its proper place (take 2)
From: Sergei Shtylyov <sshtylyov@ru.mvista.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:03:46 +0400
Cc: ralf@linux-mips.org, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
In-reply-to: <200804262321.46298.sshtylyov@ru.mvista.com>
Organization: MontaVista Software Inc.
Original-recipient: rfc822;linux-mips@linux-mips.org
References: <200804262321.46298.sshtylyov@ru.mvista.com>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; rv:1.7.2) Gecko/20040803
Hello, I wrote:

Since both the IDE interface and SMC 91C111 Ethernet chip are on-board devices,
move the platform device registration form the common to board specific code.

While at it, do some renaming:

- change 'au1200_ide0_' variable name prefix to the mere 'ide_';

- change 'smc91x_' variable name prefix to 'smc91c111_';

- drop 'AU1XXX_' prefix from the macro names;

- change 'SMC91C111_' to 'SMC91C111_', change 'IRQ' to 'INT' for consistency
  in the Ethernet chip macro names;

Oops, that should read "change 'SMC91111_' to 'SMC91C111_'", thanks to Miachel Wood for spotting that

- change 'ATA_' to 'IDE_' and 'OFFSET' to 'SHIFT' (since this value is indeed
  a shift count) in the IDE interface macro names.

Additionally, I've removed semicolon from IDE_DDMA_REQ which didn't break things only because the macro wasn't ever used in aggregate initializer.

Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <sshtylyov@ru.mvista.com>

---
Oops, needed one more rename. :-)
This patch is atop of my two recent SMC 91C1111 platform device fixes.

   It's 91C111, dammit...

WBR, Sergei

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>