[Patch 0/6] MIPS Hardware watchpoint support for gdb.

Subject: [Patch 0/6] MIPS Hardware watchpoint support for gdb.
From: David Daney <>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:20:49 -0700
This series of patches adds hardware watch register support for MIPS to
the kernel.  This is kind of a chicken-and-egg type of problem as you
need gdb support to test it, but you cannot test gdb until the kernel
support is present.  These kernel patches are preliminary and
undoubtedly will need some tweaking.

If you want to test this out, you will need to build a suitable gdb
using the patch here:

The patches are against current (commit

My main test platform only runs 2.6.15, so I could not fully test them
in the current kernel.  I did test under Qemu, but since it lacks full
watch register support in mips, I could not verify that it really works

Well without further ado, here they come.

David Daney