[Patch 0/6] MIPS Hardware watchpoint support for gdb.

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: [Patch 0/6] MIPS Hardware watchpoint support for gdb.
From: David Daney <ddaney@avtrex.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:20:49 -0700
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
This series of patches adds hardware watch register support for MIPS to
the kernel.  This is kind of a chicken-and-egg type of problem as you
need gdb support to test it, but you cannot test gdb until the kernel
support is present.  These kernel patches are preliminary and
undoubtedly will need some tweaking.

If you want to test this out, you will need to build a suitable gdb
using the patch here:

http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2008-04/msg00439.html

The patches are against current linux-mips.org (commit
096bc9f852d4e782b318218d82181f4b09bac63f)

My main test platform only runs 2.6.15, so I could not fully test them
in the current kernel.  I did test under Qemu, but since it lacks full
watch register support in mips, I could not verify that it really works
there.

Well without further ado, here they come.

David Daney