Re: FW: Alchemy power managment code.

To: Ralf Baechle <>
Subject: Re: FW: Alchemy power managment code.
From: Sergei Shtylyov <>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:39:58 +0300
Cc: Nico Coesel <>,
Ralf Baechle wrote:

Funny you ask because I tried this yesterday on a AU1100 system with the
2.6.24 kernel (from I'm afraid I must say the kernel
crashes when I enable power management. The reason I want to use power
management is because I need to send the CPU to sleep when the system
shuts down. I hacked power.c and reset.c a bit so au_sleep() is called
when the system is shut down. Perhaps someone can confirm the
powermanagement can be made to work with some fixes (it didn't work with
2.6.21-rc4 either).

  BTW, for anybody interested in Alchemy PM code, here's the interesting
link: [ftp|http]://
  It contains  a lot of unmerged PM patches by Rodolfo Giometti (and not
only that) from around 2.6.17 time.

Anybody interested in reviewing these patches and polishing them to be
applied to a recent kernel?

I am, at least to some extent. But I'm not sure I'll have enough time from now on. Should have started earlier...

WBR, Sergei