Re: FW: Alchemy power managment code.

To: Nico Coesel <ncoesel@DEALogic.nl>
Subject: Re: FW: Alchemy power managment code.
From: Sergei Shtylyov <sshtylyov@ru.mvista.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:31:55 +0300
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello all.

Nico Coesel wrote:

Ralf,
Funny you ask because I tried this yesterday on a AU1100 system with the
2.6.24 kernel (from kernel.org). I'm afraid I must say the kernel
crashes when I enable power management. The reason I want to use power
management is because I need to send the CPU to sleep when the system
shuts down. I hacked power.c and reset.c a bit so au_sleep() is called
when the system is shut down. Perhaps someone can confirm the
powermanagement can be made to work with some fixes (it didn't work with
2.6.21-rc4 either).

   BTW, for anybody interested in Alchemy PM code, here's the interesting
link: [ftp|http]://ftp.enneenne.com/pub/misc/au1100-patches/linux/.
   It contains  a lot of unmerged PM patches by Rodolfo Giometti (and not
only that) from around 2.6.17 time.

Nico Coesel

WBR, Sergei