Re: FW: Alchemy power managment code.

To: Nico Coesel <>
Subject: Re: FW: Alchemy power managment code.
From: Sergei Shtylyov <>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 17:23:44 +0300

Nico Coesel wrote:

Funny you ask because I tried this yesterday on a AU1100 system with the
2.6.24 kernel (from I'm afraid I must say the kernel
crashes when I enable power management. The reason I want to use power
management is because I need to send the CPU to sleep when the system
shuts down. I hacked power.c and reset.c a bit so au_sleep() is called
when the system is shut down. Perhaps someone can confirm the
powermanagement can be made to work with some fixes (it didn't work with
2.6.21-rc4 either).

The TOY cpunter 0 clockevent driver is also need to be written for the recent kernel as CP0 timer stops ticking after wait insn is executed -- see arch/mips/au1000/common/time.c...

WBR, Sergei