Serial console on Au1100

To: Nico Coesel <>
Subject: Serial console on Au1100
From: Sergei Shtylyov <>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:43:39 +0300

Nico Coesel wrote:

Hello all,
I didn't follow the entire discussion, but I might have similar problems
on the AU1100 SoC. The AU1100 also has 16550 style serial ports. The
serial console doesn't work even though I specify console=/dev/ttyS0 on
the kernel command line. Once a getty is started, the serial port is
active and working fine.

This is not at all related to the discussed issue, so I've changed the subject. The console works like charm (seemingly for everybody, which kernel version are you using?

WBR, Sergei